What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
As we age, dead skin cells do not slough off as easily as when we are younger, causing the skin to appear dull. Light, medium and deep chemical peels are a popular nonsurgical cosmetic procedure used to peel away the skin’s top layer to improve sun-damaged, unevenly pigmented and wrinkled skin. Improving the evenness of color and texture in your skin creates a youthful look and restores a healthy, luminous and radiant appearance.
When to Consider Chemical Peels
- If you have wrinkles or sun-damaged skin.
- If you have skin discolorations, blotchiness or brown spots.
- If you have scars that have made the surface of your skin uneven.
- If you have certain precancerous skin growths.
- If you have any questions about Chemical Peels or any of my services please call or email me